THIS year is the first time in my AFL career that I haven’t played in the Grand Final so the Mad Monday thing was new to me. Not that it happened.
Pav spoke to us in the rooms after the Port game: “We’re mature, we’re professional, we don’t do dress up.”
Then Ross talked some bullet points at us…
• “Wasted opportunities = wasted opportunity.
• “Failure is feedback
• “Review meetings start tomorrow
We got together for our Mad Monday on Wednesday and it wasn’t mad. We had a few drinks – bottomless water bowl for me – we gave each other funny presents and I had quite a lot of wees.
Some of the funny presents were….
• Tendai got a bucket.
• Micky Barlow got a moon boot for this thumb.
• Ballas got a moon boot for his head.
• Son Son got some cotton wool.
• Mayney got a football.
• Lukey Mac got a Zimmer frame.
• Sandi got a hole to stand in.
• Lachie got a box to stand on.
• Fyfey got a Brownlow Medal invitation.
• Zac C got some dancing shoes.
• Zac D got some footy boots.
• Matty Tabs got a pair of Pav’s shoes.
• Ibbo got some shoulder pads.
• Pav got a letter from the Queen.
• Crowls got some velcro.
• Hilly got a photo of his brother.
• Barra got a photo of Fyfey.
• Johnno got some dencorub.
• Danyle got a radar.
• Clancee got a bottle of ink.
• Croz got a photo of himself.
• Cam Suttcliffe got a ticket to schoolies.
• Lee Spurr got a ticket to toolies.
• Josh Simpson got a ticket to Sydney.
• Matty de Boer got a hi-vis vest.
• Griff got a map of Mandurah.
• Alex got a CD by a death metal band called Success Will Write Apocalypse Across the Sky.
• And I got ribbon for my beard…. you’re dead Micky Barlow.